Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Module 3


1. Describe Color and it's effects on emotions.
Color is a very powerful element that has a lot of effect on emotions that is difficult to control. Color has a great effect on our mood and influence how we feel. We have associations with certain colors depending on our culture, or the life that we have grown up with. In America, for example, red, white, and blue brings emotions with happiness and pride, or sadness due to tragedy or the lost of a loved one. Yellow brings about cheerfulness and sunshine. Color can also add to a work to be more realistic and bring about deeper feelings.
2. What is a theoretical aspect of color that most intrigues/fascinates you? Why?
The theoretical aspect of color that most intrigues me is how colors impact your emotional states. The color red, for example, is said to increase appetite. In addition, red is associated with love, danger, emergencies, etc. Color has a range of psychological and physiological responses depending on the individual.  Color affects mood, and simply looking at a work of art, or something in nature can greatly increase how we are feeling.
3. In the Color video, what made the biggest impact on you in regards to color and it's effects on emotions?
Color is said in the video to be a powerful element, and has to be treated with caution. Color can bring different feelings and symbols as we saw June in the video. She began to get upset with the colors because of the feelings that the dark colors were giving her, which were feelings of violence. Although I do not create works of art, I could really relate to her in regards to clothing. Often times I dress the way I am feeling, without even noticing it. When I realize that I am dressed in all black, for example, I will get upset with myself for the misery that I am associating myself with.
4. In the Feelings video, what made the biggest impact on you in regards to color and it's effects on emotions? 
In the biggest thing that stuck out to me were Goyas paintings. You could immediately feel the message and feelings portrayed in the paintings. The dark colors could make you feel scared and nervous. The people in the paintings look dark as well. You can feel the violence and misery associated with this painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment