Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Module 4








1. Creating the value scale, and the color wheel was a learning process! I came across a few challenges among the way as well, so overall I enjoyed it because I was taught a lot. Making the color wheel was really fun for me because I love to paint, and forgot how much I enjoy it until I had to do it for this project. It was almost theraputic in a way!  

2. I really enjoy working with paint. I loved how smooth this paint was on the paper, and was able to see all of the different color combinations that could be created using just these three colors. I was able to experiment and test to see what a small amount of paint could do to the color that I was creating.

3. The most important discovery for me was that creating the value scale, as well as making black paint are both difficult! Making the darker few boxes, and the lighter boxes both were very easy but when I got to the middle the shades were all starting to look the same. As far as making black from the colors, I tried and tried before I got the color correct. It took me about 25 minutes to finally get the ratio down because it was in a shade of brown which is what we were trying to avoid!

4. I loved these videos because they were short, sweet, and got right to the point. Videos lose my attention very quickly so I enjoyed the length of the videos. Because they were short I was able to watch them multiple times to help along the way. They were helpful with how to create black. That section in the color wheel video is what I watched the most. 

No comments:

Post a Comment