Friday, November 15, 2013

Art Curator Exhibition

Creating this project was quite a lengthy project, and it turned out to reveal more to me than I had expected. I chose to create my project theme around nude art. I chose nude art because my sister studied and created nude drawings before and has always said it was very interesting, and I wanted to do something in which I knew nothing about.

My original intent was to create an exhibit with both male and females as the main subjects, but there are very limited pieces of art that are famous of men who are nude. However, what I learned was that women are mainly the subject for this type of art.
Women are portrayed in a few different ways throughout art history. They either seem very confident in who they are and with their sexuality (often portrayed to be too comfortable) or seem very timid and inferior to men. In many painting, women sat with their legs open, or stood with confidence in who they were. In others, men were present, but only to control a woman in some way.

The way that I set up the slideshow was to produce great variety in the types of pictures and portrayals. I tried to switch up how the women were viewed to open up to new ideas and interpretations. The background color that I chose was to keep with the "natural" theme, as I see being nude a natural state. I tried to find a font, and a color that went along with this theme, but struggled to find a font that fit what I was looking for. Therefore, I kept with a simple font in black to stick with the idea of plainness, just as a body that is naked without any clothes and jewelry can be seen as plain.

No comments:

Post a Comment