Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Lines-Hand Drawings


1. What was it like using your hand as subject matter for a drawing?
It was interesting to really look at my own hand in detail. Hands are things that are such a big part of every single thing throughout the day, yet I have never really stopped to look at them in such detail!
2. What media did you select - pencil or charcoal? Pencil Why? Pencil is something that I feel very comfortable using, and I felt that I would have much more control with my pencil because of the ability to erase when I made mistakes!
3. How did it feel to create a drawing with your non-dominant hand?
It was hard!! Clearly I was not as successful as I would have hoped. I actually was cracking myself up during the process, because I knew that there was such a big difference in the two. My hand control seemed non-existant with my other hand. It was shaky, and very difficult!
4. Compare and contrast your final drawings. Do you think they are successful studies?
I think they were both successful, yes! I think the contrast is really funny, and a great example of the difference in dominant and non-dominant hands, as well as drawing with line. 
5. Would you consider using your non-dominant hand to create artwork in the future?
 NEVER!

No comments:

Post a Comment