Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Peer Responses to Artwork

1. http://paradoxx118.blogspot.com/

http://sankeya1.blogspot.com/2013/09/project-1_9.html

2. For blog 1 (Darren) I agreed with most principles, but not all. I was confused about the picture for proportion with the VW van, as well as the picture of the tree for emphasis. Neither one particularly stuck out to me. The picture for contrast with the beautiful sunset was great to show contrast in color, and also had slight movement involved with the tree. The image for color also was a great example of line.
For blog 2 (Andreas) I thought that the picture for proportion using feet was great. For the picture with space, I also think emphasis could have been demonstrated as well, with the flower being the only yellow object on the green background. The picture for balance also could have been used with pattern because after every dock is water, then another dock, and more water.

3. Darrens trip to the Art Museum overlapped mine a little bit. We both used Series 14 No. 2, and Polarity. The biggest difference between how we saw this works was that mine was criticizing, while Darrens was admiring. This just proves that different works of art can be viewed in different ways depending on who is looking at it.
Andrea and I did not have any pieces of artwork that were the same as my own.

4. My peers selected two images that sparked my interest. One was "Fog" by Susie Rosmarian, as well as "Dinamismo di un Cane al Guinzaglio." The first picture was viewed as the uncertainties of what life can bring. I could really relate to this feeling with being a senior who is graduating in May. The second picture was an oil painting of a dog. I had a connection to this because the dog is black just life my dog, and I love dogs!

5. Reading about my peers reviews taught me a lot. I think it is very interesting how the images can be seen in different ways. I think life experiences lead to this happening. Many people have immediate connections to pictures while others may not have one at all. I appreciated this and thought it taught a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment